Child Care Job in St. Louis, Missouri : MO
Looking for Child Care Jobs? See currently available Child Care job openings on child-care.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
child-care.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any child care job . We provide job resources for Child Care positions throughout the industry. child-care.jobs.net also provides Child Care jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Child Care by either city or state.
child-care.jobs.net is a child care job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Child Care jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your child care job search on child-care.jobs.net today.
Child Care Monitoring Specialist
Child Care Monitoring Specialist Job DescriptionOverview:
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting, technology solutions and operational implementation services to help public sector human services, health, education and clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need.
Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 2000 professionals in 50+ offices around the U.S., in London, England, Montreal, Canada and Lodz, Poland. The firm draws on more than 25 years of consulting to public and private sector clients to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results.
St. Louis Child Care Job
Child Care Monitoring Specialist Job Requirements
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
PCG is seeking a Child Care Monitoring Specialist who is responsible for monitoring child care providers to determine compliance with laws, policies and procedures for a project led by PCG for the State of Missouri, Department of Social Services, Children’s Division. This position is also responsible for reviewing registration and recertification applications, conducting on-site health and safety monitoring and complaint investigations of registered and license-exempt child care facilities within the assigned counties and caseloads.
Monitoring Specialist are expected to work remotely whenever they are not out in the field performing monitoring visits and compliant investigations.
- General Duties
- Inspects and evaluates existing and proposed child care providers to monitor compliance with state and federal laws and regulations
- Performs limited work with owners, administrators, boards, and child care providers in an assigned geographic area to support conformity with child care regulation requirements
- Assess the child care provider’s environment for compliance with health and safety requirements;
- Develop positive and proactive strategies to encourage child care providers to participate in the services provided by Educare and other child care quality initiatives
- Provides technical assistance to facility operators by conducting workshops, answering inquiries, and providing child care related information; refer child care provider to agencies providing technical support and/or training if registration as a child care provider is at risk of denial or revocation
- Recommends for approval or denial of registration application or re-registration Investigate the complaint or suspected health and safety violation, and make recommendation as to registration approval to the agency Informs and explains deficiencies requiring corrective action to child care providers, determines a recommendation for appropriate corrective action, establishes time frames for corrections and examines whether corrective action occurred
- Works with the division and information technology group to maintain data regarding child care licensing
- Prepares and maintains required records pertaining to child care licensing activities and prepares reports as required
- Maintain the necessary flexibility to accommodate the need for a weekend and evening health and safety inspections
- Performs other related work as assigned
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills
- Active listening skills
- Strong computer skills
- Knowledge of MS Windows, Excel and Word
- Very strong customer service orientation
- Proven ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from leadership, clients and customers
- Ability to manage time effectively in a fast paced environment
- Thorough attention to detail
- Fluent communication and interpersonal skills with customers, business teams, and technical colleagues
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong file management skills (electronic and paper)
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, with a minimum of fifteen 15) earned credit hours in one (1), or a combination of, the following fields:
- Elementary or Early Childhood Education;
- Child Development;
- Social Work;
- Nursing; or
- A closely related field.
- Experience in health & human services, child care or early childhood services